Welcome to the Law Office of William Decker
We are advocates for those who have been involved in auto accidents in the State of Michigan.
We specialize in these cases, not only to secure the vital benefits to which you are entitled, but also, to help you identify and access all of the available community services which make life easier and restore hope for a healthy and productive future.
If you were in an accident, and need help navigating through the mess of dealing with insurance companies, we are here to help especially in the following practice areas:
Top Ten “No-Fault” Landmines That Cause Devastating Harm
We are specialists in knowing how to handle insurance companies. The timing and process is critical to you being successful with your claim.
There are pitfalls…dangers…LANDMINES to be avoided.
What People Say
As the Vice President and Partner of one of Michigan’s largest specialized homecare providers, I have retained the services of Mr. Decker on numerous cases where the insurance company was denying payment.
Mr. Decker is an expert in the field of Auto No Fault and his efforts have always been successful for us, I highly recommend Mr. Decker as an attorney, he is thorough, highly professional, competent, and vastly experienced. He is an excellent communicator with high emotional intelligence as well.
Attorney Decker is a remarkable person. We hired him to handle our housing situation in relation to my husbands catastrophic car accident.
Mr. Decker has always treated us with the utmost respect and kindness. He has been very honest and upfront with where we stand. I don’t wish our situation on any family but having Attorney Decker beside us has given us incredible peace of mind.
I absolutely would recommend him to anyone seeking an attorney experienced with auto cases.
My father was involved in a one car automobile accident which has involved long term attendant care. After my father’s release from a rehab facility the insurance company refused to pay for ongoing bills. We hired Mr. Decker to help fight for my dad. We are still involved in the process.
Mr. Decker has done a very good job of communicating and coaching us through the process. We have never felt disconnected from him, nor unimportant to him. For our family he is the right choice to help us navigate our way forward in the care of our father.
The process for going forward with the legal battle may be standard process in the industry but how Mr. Decker pursues it with knowledge, compassion and persistence is encouraging to us as a family.
What’s the first thing I should do after a car accident?
- Call an experienced No-Fault Lawyer before you speak to your auto or health insurance company.
- The insurance company will ask you to file an application for No-Fault insurance benefits. These are called “first-party” No Fault insurance benefits. It is imperative you understand what is known as the “One-Year-Back “rule.
- In addition, there is a three-year statute of limitations to file a lawsuit against the negligent driver’s car insurance company for everything that has happened to you/your family. That is called a “third-party” accident case.
What are my No-Fault Insurance Benefits?
- Medical benefits
- Wage loss
- Replacement services (help around the house).
- Mileage for medical appointments
- Attendant care benefits (family or professionals providing nursing services).
- Home Modifications
As to the “Medical Benefits”, it is vital for you to determine if your auto coverage is “coordinated” with your health insurance. With “coordinated” coverage, your health insurance pays the medical expenses first. If there is anything left unpaid, it may be your auto insurance who pays the balance. Again, however, this can become very complicated.
“Wage Loss” is one of the most important benefits! This is money for the time you are off work. This is paid by your own Auto insurance company and lasts for three years after an auto accident. The wage loss formula is 85 percent of your gross income. However, the law caps the monthly amount of wage loss. This takes more explanation and is subject to change every October, however, it basically equates to an estimated monthly income of $5800.00/mth.
You will be asked to fill out multiple forms which may include:
- Application for No-Fault benefits
- Attending physician’s report (To be completed by your doctor)
- Work disability certificate
- Wage verification (To be completed by your employer)
- Transportation expenses
- Household Replacement services
- Affidavit of attendant care services
OR CALL US